Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) emphasizes learning through doing, which helps you cultivate hope and create lasting change.
C.H.E.R.I.I.S.H. Counseling’s therapists are trained in both EAGALA model and Natural Lifemanship model interventions. Our services are facilitated by a licensed mental health therapist, an equine professional, and our team of talented and intuitive horses.
When you have an EAP session, you may meet one or more of our four-horse herd. Like you, each of them has their own personality, strengths, and gifts. And all together, they have over 100 years of experience in supporting people in learning, growing, and thriving.
This is their specialty!
Each EAP session gives you the opportunity to interact with the horses, reflect on your experience, and use this information to create changes in your own life.
Our horse herd can help you to:
- Understand your thoughts and feelings at a greater depth
- Learn more about the “Why?” and “How?” behind your choices
- Practice building healthy and strong relationships
- Try new problem-solving strategies
- Invite mindfulness and peace into your life
- Connect with your inner-self and develop self-compassion
Complete our New Client Inquiry Form to learn more about how equine-assisted services can help you meet your goals!
Check our Groups page for details about our upcoming equine-assisted groups and workshops.